The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre has two exhibition spaces available for hire, the Exhibition Space and Door 3. There are bar facilities available for opening nights Please contact Cultural Development Officer Georgina Perri to enquire about exhibiting at The Q. Please call 6285 6170 Monday – Thursday, or email email@example.com.
Below is the Exhibition Hire Expression of Interest form. Please complete and submit this form: Exhibition Space – EOI
If you require catering, please download and complete this form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the exhibition spaces, go here.
To find out about Commercial Fees and Charges, go here.
To find out about Community Fees and Charges, go here.
The Q Exhibition Space
Conditions of Hire
1. The Q Exhibition Space is hired at the fee of $380 inclusive of GST per week, with a minimum of 2 weeks hire. Cost subject to change.
2. A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required to confirm a booking.
3. Balance of hire fee is due in total approximately 8 weeks prior to bump in date of exhibition.
4. A booking is confirmed when deposit is received and a signed contract from the Q issued.
5. In the event of a cancellation the hirer will forfeit all deposit monies paid to The Q at the time of cancellation. The Q will refund deposits only where there has been written notification of the cancellation at least 3 months prior to the exhibition.
6. Failure to pay the whole or any part of the hire fee for specified exhibition spaces may deem the hirer to be in default of the hire agreement.
7. The hire period is from Monday to Monday. Bump in and set up on first Monday by 5pm and bump out last Monday by 12 noon.
8. Sold works must remain in the exhibition space (unless otherwise agreed) until the final day of the exhibition.
9. 22% commission is payable on all works sold during the exhibition. The proceeds of sales will be forwarded to you approximately 3 weeks after the conclusion of your exhibition once you have provided Council with a tax invoice.
10. The Q Box Office will process exhibition sales, cash handling and credit card facilities.
11. A pricelist should be made available to the Cultural Development Officer, at the latest, on the day of Bump In. All items to be displayed/for sale must be itemised, or will not be accepted.
- Catering is the responsibility of the hirer – unfortunately no preparation or kitchen facilities are available for use, so all catering must be prepared off-site. Hirers are welcome to supply their own soft drinks, fruit juice, etc. or alternatively these can also be purchased by the jug from the venue if requested. If supplying own drinks, hirers to supply own drinkware. No alcoholic beverages can be brought upon the premises as the venue is licensed. There are two options for the service of alcoholic beverages at exhibition openings:
12.1 The hirer puts down a tab and the drinks are served by trained staff from a mini-bar just outside the entrance to the Exhibition Space. The option to add more drinks as needed throughout the opening event is also available.
12.2 Drinks are available to purchase by visitors from The Q bar.
13. Exhibition openings are to be held on the first Tuesday of the first week of the exhibition 5.30 -7.30pm. Other dates and times may be negotiated with the Cultural Development Officer 6285 6170.
14. The cost and organisation of paid advertising or promotion (catalogues/invitations/newspaper advertising) is entirely the responsibility of the exhibitor. Any advertising or promotional material must include The Q logo – available at time of booking.
15. Insurance of works is the responsibility of the artist; The Q takes due care but no responsibility for the works whilst in the venue.
16. Exhibition sitting: The Exhibition Space is open Mon – Friday 10am – 4pm and Saturdays 10am – 2pm. If the hirer cannot sit the exhibition, assistance is available from the Volunteers of The Q. Please contact Andrea Manning at The Q Box Office on 6285 6290 to discuss your requirements.
17. The hirer must not without the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council prior consent inscribe, paint, affix to or exhibit in or on the facility any sign, advertisement or notice.
18. Exhibitors are responsible for all costs incurred as a result of an exhibition for example, repainting and repatching walls, painting plinths, etc. Repairs must be carried out to the satisfaction of Manager Venue and Events.
20. The Q reserves the right to exclude works from exhibition or to require rehanging of works that are not presented at an acceptable standard.
Fees and charges current July 2018
The Q Exhibition Space – $380 per week inc. GST 2 week minimum = $760
Door 3 Art Space – $260 per week inc. GST 2 week minimum = $520
Requirements such as microphones, use of The Q foyer, add-on events, etc. may attract additional fees. Cost on application.