The Q gallery space features a professional hanging system, LED track lighting, display plinths and storage space. Exhibition support is available from professional and qualified staff.
Please call 6285 6170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to discuss your proposal.
Conditions of Hire
- The Q gallery is hired at the fee of $380 inclusive of GST per week, with a minimum of 2 weeks hire. Cost subject to change.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required to confirm a booking.
- Balance of hire fee is due in total approximately 8 weeks prior to bump in date of exhibition.
- A booking is confirmed when deposit is received and a signed contract from The Q issued.
- In the event of a cancellation the hirer will forfeit all deposit monies paid to The Q at the time of cancellation. The Q will refund deposits only where there has been written notification of the cancellation at least 3 months prior to the exhibition.
- Failure to pay the whole or any part of the hire fee for specified exhibition spaces may deem the hirer to be in default of the hire agreement.
- The hire period is from Monday to Monday. Bump in and set up on first Monday by 5pm and bump out last Monday by 12 noon.
- Sold works must remain in the gallery space (unless otherwise agreed) until the final day of the exhibition.
- 22% commission is payable on all works sold during the exhibition. The proceeds of sales will be forwarded to you after the conclusion of your exhibition once you have provided Council with a tax invoice.
- Gifts on Q will process exhibition sales, cash handling and credit card facilities.
- A pricelist should be made available to the Cultural Development Officer, at the latest, on the day of Bump In. All items to be displayed/for sale must be itemised, or will not be accepted.
- Catering is the responsibility of the hirer – unfortunately no preparation or kitchen facilities are available for use, so all catering must be prepared off-site. Hirers are welcome to supply their own soft drinks, fruit juice, etc. or alternatively these can also be purchased by the jug from the venue if requested. If supplying own drinks, hirers to supply own drinkware. No alcoholic beverages can be brought upon the premises as the venue is licensed. There are two options for the service of alcoholic beverages at exhibition openings: a) The hirer puts down a tab and the drinks are served by trained staff from a mini-bar just outside the entrance to The Q gallery space (the option to add more drinks as needed throughout the opening event is also available) or b) Drinks are available to purchase by visitors from The Q bar.
- Exhibition openings are to be held on the first Tuesday of the first week of the exhibition 5.30 -7.30pm. Other dates and times may be negotiated with the venue.
- The cost and organisation of paid advertising or promotion (catalogues/invitations/newspaper advertising) is entirely the responsibility of the exhibitor. Any advertising or promotional material must include The Q logo – available at time of booking.
- Insurance of works is the responsibility of the artist; The Q takes due care but no responsibility for the works whilst in the venue.
- The hirer must not without the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council prior consent inscribe, paint, affix to or exhibit in or on the facility any sign, advertisement or notice.
- Exhibitors are responsible for all costs incurred as a result of an exhibition for example, repainting and repatching walls, painting plinths, etc. Repairs must be carried out to the satisfaction of Manager Venue and Events.
- Plinths are available for 3-D works but must be booked when deposit is paid.
- The Q reserves the right to exclude works from exhibition or to require rehanging of works that are not presented at an acceptable standard.
Fees and charges current July 2018
The Q gallery – $380 per week inc. GST 2 week minimum = $760
22% sales commission on sold works.
Requirements such as PA systems, microphones, use of The Q foyer, and add-on events such as fashion parades WILL attract additional fees and are subject to availability. Cost on application.
What does that cover?
Hire of the space, media release creation and distribution, website listing, email promotion, spot lighting of exhibition, limited photocopying of pricelists, management and processing of exhibition sales, sales assistance on opening night of exhibition. General support from staff.
What is the hirer responsible for?
Hirers are responsible for installation and de-installation of exhibition, the creation of exhibition labels, pricelist/catalogue creation (some limited photocopying available), design and production of the exhibition invitation/flyer, supply of high resolution images of exhibition pieces, coordination of opening night event including catering.
Promotion and marketing
Accurate, timely and quality promotion and marketing is key in reaching your target audience. The venue and the hirer must work together to cross promote the exhibition. The Q gallery will work with you to develop a press release to distribute to local media. Undertaking paid advertising is up to the individual hirer, though staff are happy to advise. To achieve good coverage of your exhibition, high quality captivating images are a must. It is the hirer’s responsibility to supply a variety of high resolution images (1MB+) to the venue for use on the web, social media platforms and for distribution to the media.